"Hixon Railway Station"
by Debra Wagner
print in cream mount, 11 x 14 inches
Here a Johnson loco, 0-4-4, number 1410, passes the small station at Hixon.
The Railway Station at Hixon was on part of the North Staffordshire Railway line, and opened in 1849. Sadly, the station closed to all services in 1947 and in the years that followed the building was demolished. Just one of many smaller stations that were deemed to be 'no longer required'.
watermark does not appear on print