by Debra Wagner
print in cream mount, 11 x 14 inches
This painting features a view of a Stanier Black 5 locomotive, 4-6-0, number 44842, heading northbound through Cheddleton Station, in the 1950's. The station was built in the 'Tudor Style', and the main structure is of ashlar sandstone.
First services at Cheddleton were in September 1849, and the line was closed in 1965. Fortunately, the station buildings were saved from demolition, and have been renovated and restored their former glory by the dedicated volunteers that now run the 'Preserved Churnet Valley Railway'.
watermark does not appear on print